WHAT DO YOU GET?
The CardioWave program is the most comprehensive float fitness program on the market. Our trainers are backed by years of fitness training, coaching, and competing. Instructors will be given the keys to create an all around full body workout in a safe, fun, and inviting atmosphere. This program is designed to prepare instructors to become familiar and comfortable with teaching and cueing on an unstable surface. The curriculum introduces a variety of exercises at three different levels beginning at the most basic working up to more difficult/complex movements. By the end of the training, instructors will be prepared to apply their new skills and knowledge to teach others.
Full 8hr. day workshop will include instruction in the following areas:
- Equipment Overview (usage, storage, rigging in a variety of pool setups, etc.).
- Proper Sequencing and how to build an enjoyable yet challenging class.
- Specialization in a low to high impact exercise for all ages on an unstable surface.
- Enhanced understanding of considerations specific to Aqua Based Stability Training (ABST).
- Ability to help individual clients meet fitness goals in an enjoyable and fun group setting.
- Confidence in creating and facilitating group workout sessions.
- Proper Stance on the float for balance success.
- Safety and Risk Assessment to reduce liability concerns.
Equipment is provided for all participants as we explore the three Cardio Wave levels: Level I CardioWave Foundation, Level II Sweat & Get Wet, and Level III CardioWave Max. As part of the practical application, instructors will have the opportunity to demo teach with feedback, create and teach a short sequence as part of their final exam, along with a written test. Instructors will receive their own training manual for future reference as well as additional GlideFit merchandise. CardioWave is also a provider of CEUs with NASM and AFAA.
Prerequisites for instructors looking to certify:
- AED/CPR certified.
- Minimum of one year group exercise instruction or equivalent.
- Know life saving rescue techniques for pool environment.
- Competent swimmer.
- Adequate level of fitness to complete a class on their own.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions about the certification to our Fitness Director Tiffany Harrison:
Note: The training we offer is an 8hr program most of which takes place in the pool with the exception an hour and some that is in a classroom setting going over material in the manual. Instructors have the opportunity to earn CEUs through AEA, NASM, and AFAA.